You have no items in your shopping cart.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Who is Bubble Genius?
- A. We are Paula and Sarah and we've created the coolest soap & body care stuff you've ever seen! Here at Bubble Genius, we bridge the gap between natural, good-for-you products and laugh-out-loud fun. Our products are not only practical (who doesn't need soap? ...we hope everyone) but also make great gifts for someone you adore (including yourself)!
- Q. What is this - soap?
- A. Yep, it's soap!--or something else delicious for your body! Bubble Genius brings you soap and body products like you've never seen before. We've got something for everyone, from guys to girls to kiddies to expectant mothers and even your best (woof!) friend. We even have a few things for your home.
- Q. What's in your stuff?
- A. All of our soaps are vegetable glycerin-based and vegan-friendly. We strive to use natural and organic products whenever we can and many of our products feature nature's best oils, herbs and ingredients. Our soaps are not only fun, but they're kinder and gentler than many store-bought soaps which often contain chemical detergents and surfactants to put back the lather that their processing removes. They're naturally lathery and contain natural additives, like wheat protein, that can do the job of boosting lather further without turning to things like SLS (eeeww). Even our dog-washing soap, Happy Fluff, has natural skin and coat conditioners for your pup! Our other bath and body products have varied ingredients, ranging from uber-pure and natural, to a little less so - it's tough to make bubble bath without some surfactants, but we had so many demands, we found the gentlest formula that still has some zing.
- Soap ingredients are as follows:
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan Oleate, Soy Bean Protein
May contain Titanium Dioxide, Hemp Seed Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Wheat Protein, Mica, Cosmetic Grade Dyes, Pigments, and/or Glow Powder, Fragrance and/or Essential Oils
- We feel a well-informed consumer is the best kind, so please peruse the ingredients listed with our other bath & body products for a breakdown of our formulas. Of course, folks with allergies or sensitive skin should always read our ingredients list and consult a physician to make sure they're not allergic to anything. If you have any questions about an ingredient, feel free to contact us at info@BubbleGenius.com.
- Many of our products are available in a small sample size for a nominal fee.
- Q. How big is your soap?
- A. Our soap varies widely in size, from tiny soaps that are the perfect size for piling into a party soap dish or for itty bitty kiddies to wrap their little hands around, all the way up to our soap on a rope, the largest of which is well over a pound!
- Q. Your soap is so pretty, can I really use it?
- A. Of course! We know our soaps are fun to look at, but they're really made to be used. Please be aware that since each soap is handcrafted, it may not look exactly like the photo on our site, and that due to the transient nature of soap, it may change color or fade depending on where you're displaying it. So we're happiest (and so are our customers!) when our products are being used for their intended purpose – we made them to bring some joy to your bath, so don't leave them lonely on the shelf. We at Bubble Genius know that life moves pretty quickly, so take time to enjoy each day, live life to its fullest and carpe soapem!
- Q. Can I eat it? It looks like candy!
- A. Please don't! We know it smells great and looks delicious, and though it's non-toxic, we promise you that it doesn't taste very good. We label all of our food-themed items with a PLEASE DON'T EAT ME sticker, but please still keep this stuff out of the hands of little ones and let them know it's not for chomping (though they'll probably discover that for themselves pretty quickly!).
- Q. The soap I ordered looks a little different from the picture on your website!
- A. Since we make every soap ourselves, by hand, there will be slight variations in color or opacity, but they all still have our guarantee of quality!
- Q. Do you have any pet stuff?
- A. We have something for everyone, and that includes your best friend. Check out our pet section for natural ways to pamper your pooch! We know that a happy pup makes for a happy home. Cats are so hyper-sensitive to essential oils, it's really tough to find ways to pamper our kitties, but our unscented pH balanced Happy Fluff pet shampoo is totally safe for cats too!
- Q. Are you earth-friendly? Do you recycle??
- A. Heck yeah, y'all! At Bubble Genius we strive to be good to your skin while also being good to the planet. Most of our packaging is recyclable (even the shrink-wrap protecting your soap) or reusable (like our tins). We source our ingredients as close to home as possible, thereby supporting other local and domestic businesses while cutting down on fossil fuel consumption by not having stuff shipped in from across the globe. We do our best to use organic ingredients when they're accessible (and affordable) and our soaps are free of chemical detergents and surfactants (ick). When you receive your order, chances are that the packing materials are recycled from materials we received ourselves. Reduce, reuse, recycle! We also donate part of the proceeds from the sale of our global warming soap to environmental causes, proving you can make the world a better place while making it smell great, too.
- Q. Are your products tested on animals??
- A. No way! Before we ever unleash anything on the public, we test every product on ourselves, the humans in the Bubble Genius lab. We even test all of the pet products on ourselves (and boy, does Paula love using that Happy Fluff on her own hair...)
- Q. Do you take custom requests? I have a really cool idea for a soap, can you make it for me?
- A. You betcha! We Geniuses love a good challenge. We can create just about anything in soap and in the shape, color & scent you want. If we haven't already thought of making it, we can create it for you. Our custom designs are great for birthdays, weddings, parties, fundraisers, promotions, anniversaries, holidays, bar mitzvahs, thank you gifts, you name it! Contact us at info@BubbleGenius.com for details.
- Q. How can I pay for your stuff?
- A. We accept major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, AmEx), or if you'd prefer to send a check or US Postal money order, please mail it to us at:
Bubble Genius ORDERS
1857 N. Victory Place
Burbank, CA 91504
We accept US Postal Money Orders only – we are charged exorbitant fees for other types and therefore are no longer able to accept them. We accept personal checks drawn from US banks only. International buyers must pay with a credit card.
Orders are filled as soon as full payment is received and all checks cleared. And don't worry, we are using state-of-the-art SSL technology, so your credit card transaction will reach us in a safely encrypted state.
- Q. How do you ship your products?
- A. Very carefully? No, but seriously, we hand pack each order and ship via USPS Priority Mail. Because of the huge differences in the sizes of our products, our shipping calculations are based on weight. If you'd like a package insured, please email us and we'll bill you for the cost of insurance. For large orders, or by request, we're happy to ship via FedEx or UPS Ground.
We will always send a tracking number out to you when your order is on its way. For local Los Angeles area orders, if you need it in a hurry, or if it's a fancy-schmancy gift basket, we're happy to hand-deliver it for an additional fee. Contact us at info@BubbleGenius.com for pricing.
- Q. Do you ship internationally?
- A. Absolutely! We ship all our products via USPS International Air Mail, so be aware that the package is not trackable. International shipping rates from the US have just about doubled in many cases, so if shipping suddenly seems inordinately high, I'm afraid it's still probably accurate. Orders over 4 lbs are often required to ship via International Express Mail, which, just so you know, can be pricey. We must enter the actual cost of the item(s) on the customs forms and mark it as merchandise, we cannot falsify information as this is a Federal offense. We are not responsible for any customs delays, or charges that are levied on our products, so please find out what your local laws are and proceed accordingly!
- Q. When should I expect my order?
- A. We make every soap and product by hand, generally to order, so, depending on the size and complexity of your order, it might take up to ten days (though usually much sooner) to get your stuff out to you. Be sure to let us know if you've got a deadline to make. If we already have something in stock, we'll ship it out within 36 hours of processing. We aim to please!
- Q. What's your return policy?
- A. We stand behind our products, when we're not using them to wash with. If you are in any way displeased with a product, you may return it for a refund. All returns must be made within 7 days of receipt. Please contact us at returns@BubbleGenius.com for a return authorization slip.
Please include the original receipt, along with the return authorization slip.
Return it to:
Bubble Genius RETURNS
1857 N. Victory Place
Burbank, CA 91504
We recommend shipping all returns via USPS Priority Mail, with delivery confirmation. Insurance is recommended for large returns. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Shipping, gift wrap/packaging, and custom order fees are non-refundable. Returns of large orders of more than $50 are subject to a 10% restocking fee, or a store credit for the full amount.
- Q. How can I contact you?
- A. You can reach us online at info@BubbleGenius.com, or at this snail mail address:
1857 N. Victory Place
Burbank, CA 91504
Our toll-free customer service phone number is 855-221-0573. Please don't use this for orders!
- Q. I'm a retailer interested in your cool stuff - do you sell wholesale?
- A. Sure do! You need to register and then notify us so all of the products available to retailers are visible to you. For more details, feel free to contact us at info@BubbleGenius.com.
- Q. Do you have a catalogue?
- A. We prefer to save trees and since we're always coming up with new genius products in the soap lab, you'll find the most updated list of our collection on our website. Get in touch if you'd like a .pdf of our catalogue. If you'd like to hear about our latest creations, be sure to sign up for our newsletter. (We promise not to bombard you with endless updates.) You can also become our Facebook fan and follow us on Twitter!
- Q. How about a store? I'd love to visit Bubble Genius!
- A. If you're in the Los Angeles area, we're working on setting up a little showroom in the front of our Burbank workshop; if you'd like to arrange a visit, please enquire at info@BubbleGenius.com. Of course, you can see all of our products here on our website and in many shops around the US - check out our where to buy page! Please let us know if you'd like a local shop in your area to feature our stuff. If you're in the Los Angeles area, sign up for our newsletter to keep abreast of Bubble Genius monthly specials and announcements!